Thursday, January 15, 2015

Recipe Post - Cranberry Walnut Feta Salad

I thought I would share one of my favorite fall/autumn salad recipes. I make this year round but the cranberries give it a bit of an autumn kick... It's so, so easy.

                      

Chop up one head of romaine lettuce and wash and drain:


Add 1 cup of crushed walnuts (I don't crush them up too fine).


And 1 cup of dried cranberries:


1 cup of crumbled feta cheese:


1 - 2 pears (depending on the size) and cut the pears into cubes:


Place the chopped pears in a bowl of water and add about 3 tablespoons of lemon juice and submerge them for about five minutes. This prevents the pears from turning brown:


3 rashes of turkey bacon, cooked nice and crispy and then cut up and crumbled:


For the salad dressing mix everything up in a jar or container. I used 1/4 cup of virgin olive oil, 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar, 2 tablespoons of agave and a pinch of salt & pepper:


And that's all there is to it! You can add add chicken if you like, and you can even substitute the pears for apples. This is certainly a favorite of mine, and its a great side salad for the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment