Saturday, November 29, 2014

December Daily Mini Scrapbbook

I've tried those daily instagram challenges in the past and I'm just not that good at them. So honestly, this Daily December project makes me nervous. But I'm going to give it a shot. I think it will be a great way to capture my family during the holiday season.


I'm going to allow myself to bend the rules if needed. I'm not really sure if there are "rules" but lets just say I'm going to keep things easy... Meaning, if I have to change up the daily theme once or twice then no big deal. Because I know I will have good intentions to do things like "Christmas cards" on December 9th, but the reality is sometimes our days are crazy and I may end up doing a different theme that day. So my list is purely for inspiration and ideas each day.

In my pre-made album that I put together this week I added 25 page inserts that are front and back so it will actually end up being 50 pages, and since I have two kids I figure that makes sense. I'll have more room for additional pictures and journaling. I have already added the dates but I won't journal or add the daily "theme" until I have added the pictures (in case my daily theme changes).

A 12" x 12" album would have been too overwhelming, so this 6" x 8" is a perfect fit. I really love the Project Life concept. I actually used mostly American Crafts Project Life cards (an assortment from different kits) and I used a Simple Stories blue chevron burlap "Snap" album. I don't always use traditional Christmas colors (I will one of these days for a project) so for this album I used primarily light blue, gold, white and small pops of red. I'm sure I will add additional embellishments when the pictures are in there. Here's a peek at some of the pages...


If you have any additional "December Daily" ideas please leave your ideas in the comments below. If this goes well I will be doing it again next year. I'll do a December Daily "follow up" post in January so you can see the finished book. Happy Holidays!

1. Neighborhood tree lighting.
2. Trimming the tree.
3. Elf on the shelf.
4. Favorite Ornament.
5. Christmas shopping list.
6. Visit with Santa.
7. Christmas Cookies. 
8. Letter to Santa.
9. Holiday cards.
10. December Daily.
11. Christmas stockings.
12. Handmade Christmas decorations.
13. Snow fun.
14. Reading our favorite Christmas story.
15. Hot Cocoa (or coffee).
16. Christmas cards from family and friends.
17. Christmas craziness.
18. Oh What Fun!
19. Christmas treats.
20. Christmas movies.
21. Naughty or nice.
22. Family selfie.
23. Local Christmas decorations.
24. The night before Christmas.
25. Christmas day.

No comments:

Post a Comment